Friday 4 November 2011

10 Reasons to lose weight!

November 2, 2011

Today I woke up tired with my whole body aching as if I had a huge workout yesterday. But I didn't. I decided to weigh myself and measure my circumference. Both shocked me.

Both my wife and I are overweight and have talked many, many times about doing something about it. The last couple of weeks my hips have been aching and it was there in the back of my mind that my current lifestyle has something to about it.

Today, however I felt the worst I have felt and I decided to take stock of where I stand with myself. It's tough, because once you have taken stock, you now have the responsibility to do something about it, and that is what I have been avoiding. Unfortunately the stats look as follows:

Height: 174 cm
Weight: 146,7 kg
BMI: 48,5

I have also become aware of signs in, on and around my body:

  1. Aching joints.
  2. Standing too long or walking very short distances causes lower back pain.
  3. When I lay down the fat on my chest sticks to the fat on my face.
  4. When using public transport (plane or bus) or use public amenities, the seats or cubicles are too small.
  5. Physical restrictions to do simple tasks, e.g. tying shoelaces or picking up something you have dropped.
  6. Light headedness while or after doing simple tasks.
  7. Difficulty in finding clothes that fit.
  8. Difficulty in looking well-dressed.
  9. Shortness of breath.
  10. Procrastination due to everything being just too much of an effort.

1 comment:

  1. Ja my vriend. Dis die begin. Sterkte. Jy is in my gedagtes.

    ReplyDelete